Beginning this Monday, April 25, the UChicago Charter School will move to a mask-optional model. While the use of masks is still encouraged, students, families, and staff will now have a choice. This model has been deemed safe by federal, state, and local public health authorities for areas where community transmission of COVID is low, such as Chicago.
Key safety measures remain in place, such as:
- Weekly COVID testing and Test-to-Stay testing as needed
- COVID vaccination + booster required for staff members
- 3 feet of social distance maintained to greatest extent possible
- Desk shields and plastic dividers used to greatest extent possible
- Temperature check available on all campuses