The University of Chicago Charter School is committed to helping our students rise to excellence—championing every moment of every goal. Our strong results in college-readiness, achievement measures and other areas show we are on our path to fulfilling our mission—100% acceptance to and graduation from college for all students on our pre-K-12 superhighway.
Our Campuses are raising the bar.
According to CPS, the purpose of the School Quality Rating Policy (SQRP) is to:
- Communicate to parents and community members about the academic success of individual schools and the district as a whole (including independently operated charter schools like UChicago Charter);
- Recognize high achieving and high growth schools and identifying best practices;
- Provide a framework for goal-setting for schools.
More information about the five-tiered SQRP performance rating system can be found online at http://cps.edu/sqrp
You can also learn more about our four campuses, or as we like to call it, the pre-K to 12 Superhighway.
Our students are changing the narrative.
- For seven years in a row, 100% of UChicago Charter graduating seniors have been accepted to college.
- Alumni attend Stanford University, University of Chicago, Oberlin College, Howard College, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University of Missouri and Georgetown University, to name a few.
- UCW holds one of the highest college persistence rates of all non-selective high schools in Chicago.