The University of Chicago Charter School is committed to helping our students rise to excellence—championing every moment of every goal. Our strong results in college-readiness, achievement measures and other areas show we are on our path to fulfilling our mission—100% acceptance to and graduation from college for all students on our pre-K-12 superhighway.
Our Campuses are raising the bar.
For the 2015-2016 school year, 3 out of our 4 campuses received a Level 1 Annual School Performance Rating in accordance with the Chicago Public Schools (CPS) School Quality Rating Policy (SQRP, pronounced squirp). The fourth campus received a Level 2+ rating and is working intently to achieve a Level 1 rating in the coming school year.
According to CPS, the purpose of the SQRP is to:
- Communicate to parents and community members about the academic success of individual schools and the district as a whole (including independently operated charter schools like UChicago Charter);
- Recognize high achieving and high growth schools and identifying best practices;
- Provide a framework for goal-setting for schools.
More information about the five-tiered SQRP performance rating system can be found online at http://cps.edu/sqrp
You can also learn more about our four campuses, or as we like to call it, the pre-K to 12 Superhighway.
Our students are changing the narrative.
- For five years in a row, 100% of UChicago Charter graduating seniors have been accepted to college.
- Alumni attend Stanford University, University of Chicago, Oberlin, Howard, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University of Missouri, and Georgetown, to name a few.
- According to 2013-14 National Student Clearinghouse data, UChicago Charter Woodlawn had the highest college persistence rate of any non-selective / non-magnet high school in Chicago.