On this page you will find links to commonly used sites in addition to other useful information for faculty, staff, guests, and other members of the UChicago Charter Family.
NEW Single Sign-On (SSO) Process
For Fall 2017 we have unified our login mechanisms so that you can use the same password to access most online resources. Moving forward, you Active Directory password (used to login to your UChicago Charter computer) will also give you access to PowerSchool, Google Apps, and Help Desk.
To enable this service, and improve overall network security, ALL USER PASSWORDS have been reset. You will need to use the following procedure to update your password. After COB on Friday, you will not be able to access any online UChicago Charter services until to complete these steps. Services will be available for login with the new info by 6AM Monday, August 7, 2017.
* If you are unable to reset your password, please call Eric Frazier at 312-259-2797. You must have your full name, campus, and username available to receive password reset assistance. If you don't know your username, you will need to get help IN PERSON at your campus.
How to Reset & Enable Your New Password
- Click this link to go to the Microsoft Azure AD Access Panel
- Enter your e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Enter your temporary password (sent last week)
- Click "Sign In"
- Re-enter your temporary password as your "Current Password"
- Enter & Confirm your new password
From there you will see a set of Apps that have been assigned to your account. You can use these shortcuts to access the various services available to you at UChicago Charter. You can also enter URLs directly to access services like:
- Gmail/Google Apps
- PowerSchool Teacher
- PowerSchool Admin
For some services (like Google Apps), you will be automatically logged in without any additional steps.
For other services (like PowerSchool), you will need to enter your username and password.
- Your username is what comes before the @ sign in your e-mail address, all lower-case.
- Your password is the SAME PASSWORD you created in step 6 above. Passwords are case sensitive.
What Is Changing?
- Your Active Directory password (the password you use to login to your computer) will now get you into multiple places, including:
- Any campus computer (Mac, PC, or Chromebook)
- Gmail and Google Apps
- Help Desk
- You will be able to reset your own password, including re-gaining access if you forgot your password*
- Your e-mail address will officially become email@example.com
- All mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will be still be accepted and delivered to your @uchicagocharter.org mailbox.
- The next time you logout of your computer, and try to log back in, you will need to use the password you will create when you reset it on Monday, Aug 7 (or later)
What Info Do I Use To Login?
- If a login requests your e-mail address please enter email@example.com
- If a login requests your username, just enter "username" without the e-mail ending
- In both cases, your password is the same thing you set using the steps above.
What About Using Gmail/Google Apps on Mobile Devices (Android, iPhone, iPad, etc)?
If you have setup Gmail or Google Drive on your mobile device, you will likely be asked to "verify" your account once you've changed your password using the steps above.
You will enter your e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your newly created password AFTER you have completed the steps above.
If you run into issues, please make sure you have the latest version of the Gmail or Google Drive app on your mobile device.
Does This Change My Login to ALL Services?
Some services are purchased from 3rd parties and do not allow us to use our own authentication mechanisms. Examples include NWEA, ISA, Pearson Access Next (for PARCC testing), Compass Learning and Study Island. These services will still have their own individual passwords. We are not changing your existing password for these services.